Hello people .. iam back after a hectic week at the wedding.. my first perfect punju wedding... being awake the whole night... 3 days of loads of work... trying to keep everybody happy :) (my first time at my in-lawas place without hubby dear... but i enjoyed it to the fullest)... performing all the rituals a bhabhi should perform... trying to pamper sissy dear as much as possible... it was funn... i even tried hands on mehendi art... it was not that great but mainu ki fark painda hai ... :) afterall chachi ke haath the... but the result was not all that bad.. :) i tried hands on wadiyon ki sabzi ... overall everything was really funn... icing on the cake... when i returned... daddy dear gave praised me infront of garg... ki uske aane se shadi mein jaan aa gayi... and moreover she was a frontrunner :) aah mogambo khush hua... :)
OK ppl tooo much of self praising.. heheehe.. now some facts... i missed you guys like mad... never thot blogging had become such an imp part of my life... checking out taste of india... refreshing frens pages... its such an addiction... no wonder i made garg post abt my absence and he was all happy boasting his short term bachelorhood :) well i really have to go thru all you blogs to chaeck out whats cooking... i dont want to miss anything... as it is i missed the click au naturel..:( eventough i had the pics there... but last minute submissions are a habbit... better luck next time...
So i want to share some good news with you guys.. I got my FIRST AWARD... the YUMMY BLOG AWARD... it was such a pleassure... at first i thought why me... havent reached that level at all... but who would like to miss on the happiness... so here iam cherishing this first award of mine...thanks a ton Anjali and Madhavi for thinking of me for this award. our very own Anjali J. of Soups n Snacks and Madhavi of Vegeterian Medley passed this award to me. This award has been started by Roopa of My Kitchen Treats who says,
"Yummy blog award is given to the blog with most yummy recipes/photos".
The rules require me to quote my favorite yummy-licious dessert(s) that they have ever prepared/eaten. So here i go .. but just 4 desserts... thats a sinnnnn... i love them all... i adore them all... :) but i salute these four all time favourites..
- Aate ka halwa
- Ferrero Rochers
- Chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream topped with sizzling chocolate sauce and nuts...
- rum n raisins and almond fig icecreams topped with caramel or chocolate sauce and roasted nuts...
Aaah they r sooo sooo very yummilicious and irresistable... i love dairy milk .. i love any payasam ... i love gulab jamuns...and any dessert for that matter...
OK thats done.... now i need to pass it on to 4 of my frens who i think really really deserve this award... well coz i recieved this award twice i would like to take the advantage of passing it on to 8 others.. I hope Rupa doesnt have a problem with that :) .... The minute i received this award i had a long long list to choose from... to whom i can pass on this award... ranging variedly from Arundathi , easycrafts , SMN , Swati: Sugarcraft India , ANJALI J. , Sig , Dhivya , Cham , Divya Vikram , Madhavi , bee , Uma , ranji , Pearlsofeast, Homecooked , SHUBHA , shriya , Srivalli , notyet100 , Madhavi , Nandita, Mansi Desai , Sia , KayKat, Coffee.. and may be i have missed a few more frens who are real inspirations with thier yummmmmmmy recipes and pictures... i admire them ..i envy them ..:) i keep drooling over their recipes.... they have all changed the perspective of cooking for me in some way or the other... but i need to restrict myself to 8. And moreover most of them have already recieved the award... i missed the chance buddies. Here are my picks for the yummy blog awards. People iam too small to pass this award to great bloggers like you... but i dont mind honouring you with this one.
- Sig of Live to Eat fame. Sig all that you prepare has a charm attached to it. Iam a fan of your attitude and yeah no two thoughts i have taken you for my cocktails guru. Everytime i mix a drink you are there on my mind.
- Shubha with her Chutki Bhar Pyar. Hey shubha i love the way you rite... we relate to each other in many senses.. and you know that well... love every post by you...it actually has that pinch of love ;).
- Jai n bee flaunting their super duper Jugalbandi. They are the masters. The first time Bee commented on a post.. i actually treated myself with a chocolate.. The click experts are just amazing. Iam just nobody to speak about them believe me. You have been an insparition and will always be.
- Sia of Monsoon Spice. Buddy you are really passionalte about life n spice.. i love your pics and just crave to get my pics somewhat like them ...:) Yours was one of the first blogs i really got hooked to ... You are a star... the way you put small excerpts before every post is amazing.. hats off to you.
- KayKat from Cooking from A to Z. I love your pics, youe one liners in between your recipes and bindaas style of writing... makes the recipes even more yummier. Glad to know you buddy.
- Srivalli happily Cooking 4 all seasons. One fine day this lad comes with a frenship chain info and i go fida over her energy.. her zest and her creativity and to all the directions her mind can go as far as recipes goes. All yummy sounding stuffs she would come up one after another. Not to forget her roti mela and dosa mela. You inspire me with your energy.. truly..
- Smn with her cookspot. My legal consultant :) i love calling her by that name... what a zest in her photographs.. and such a variety. I love the way you present your stuff... its mindblowing... You too have been an inspiration as far as photographs goes.
- Coffee of the Spice Cafe. I love you recipes, i love your template, i love your pics... everything about your page... you rock buddy... you truly deserve to be named yummy....
- LAst but not the least the humble Mansi Desai of Fun n Food. Everything that she prepares would b perfect and so proffessional and very very innovative. She was one of the few who encouraged me by notocing my page. Hats off to you mansi i learn a lot from you.
People you may pass this award and follow the rules as mentioned here. This was a task... but was my pleasure. I take this opportunity to thank each one of you for being with me, appreciating the petty things i make. Sig Bee Sia and Mansi you were the first ones who indirectly instigated me to start with this page and iam totally in love with it now. Thanks. Shubha, sri, kaykat and smn thanks for being there with me along this journey so far... your visits r a pleasure.I also want to thank Dhivya , Divya Vikram , Arundathi , easycrafts , ANJALI J. ,Madhavi , Cham ,Uma, Pearlsofeast and notyet100 for always being there around my site with thier kind words.
Congratulations to everybody on their award.
Man this does not end here... I have been tagged by Divya vikram for a MEME. And i have been tagged by easycrafts. So here goes my MEME.
1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATRE?
Khuda Kay Liye
2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING??
Chowringhee by Sankar
3) FAVOURITE BOARD GAME?
4) FAVOURITE MAGAZINE?
India today, Business Week and Filmare - gives me my share of gyan and gossip.
5) FAVOURITE SMELLS?
Geeli mitti ki khushboo, Jovan Musk, Davidoff Cool Water and TED Lapidus.
6) FAVOURITE SOUNDS?
Rock and Kishore Kumar.
7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
Solitude and Bankrupcy.
8) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE?
Do i really have to get up.
9) FAVOURITE FASTFOOD PLACE?
Calcutta chat House here and Thakkars and Chowpatty in Mumbai.
10) FUTURE CHILDS NAME?
Ram Prasad and Laxman Prasad.. lol
11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D’
Gimme the money first honey... then i'll show you what all i can do with it...
12) DO U DRIVE FAST?
13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY?
Depends on my mood..
15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
A miniature wooden open jeep.
16) FAVOURITE DRINK?
mango shake , Mc D's Strawberry shake and badam milk.
17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD…
18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?
Yes.. did this imply something...
19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN?
Jamshedpur, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore.
21) FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Cricket , Football
22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Divya - very down to earth.. i love her charm...
Easycrafts - very creative be it art n crafts or food... i admire her talents...
23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED?
May b some dust... :P
24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN??
Of course yessss...
25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL?
26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
Sunny Side Up
27) FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX?
Home - my bean bag, my bed
28) FAVOURITE PIE?
Apple may b...
29) FAVOURITE ICECREAM FLAVOUR?
rum n raisins and vanilllaaaa
30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
No clue.. the one who does gets a surprise gift :)
Arundathi , shriya , Srivalli and notyet100.. i would like to tag you... for this meme... if only you are interested in this meme... please go ahead ... would love to know more about you.... will resume my blogging from tomorrow i guess...